Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
A couple of element, topics, tropes that I love and wish could find more often in books.
- Time travel romances set in either medieval or ancient Rome, Greek setting.
- More stories using Asian elements/ mythology especially Japan/Chinese
- Less love triangle, I never liked them and this didn’t change in the last 6 or so years.
- Less overwhelming teenage drama, I don’t mind some, but most of the young adult stories are so full of them they are painful and unnecessarily angsty.
- I love stories with either arranged marriages or marriages of conveniences. It usually so funny or full of emotions that it makes a fantastic reading experience.
- Family or a group of people in books with a strong bond and camaraderie. I love the dynamic they create; it’s just an amazing addition to stories.
- More paranormal romances like the Mercedes Thompson, Kate Daniels, Katherine ‘Kitty’ Katt or Jane Yellowrock series. I absolutely loved them but unfortunately most of them is close to the finishing line and it was a long time ago that I found anything similar to them to replace the finished series.
- Phenomenal high fantasy books with the perfect blend of romance, magic and mayhem.
- More books where the female lead is trying to get a hold in a male oriented profession or already excelling at it. I love female knights, fighters, mechanics, and race car drivers and so on. Girl power.
- It’s a strange one but I love M/M/F romances but not all of them. I like the ones where the main focus is not on the sexual aspect of the story but there is a substantial plot behind it. Unfortunately they are really rare.