Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
- Cover, there is no denying that I’m a cover whore and unfortunately a couple of times I regretted it just because of my tendency to pick up a book because of its cover. If it beautiful or just has something inviting about it I’m sold.
- A well worded synopsis can change my mind about a story even if I know that the genre is not my favorite.
- I have a couple of authors whom I read everything no matter what. They proved their talent over and over again so I don’t think about it anymore if it’s by them I pick it up.
- Amazing fan art, when I’m in a book slump I usually go hunting and look for fan art. A beautiful or an interesting piece of drawing made me pick up a book I generally would have ignored numerous times.
- If there is a possibility or a hint about a Kick ass, snarky female lead I’m all for it.
- When there is a movie adaptation or a TV show about a particular book which I didn’t read yet but love the trailer of the movie I pick up the book, well before I watch it.
- I love Asian culture so when there are some of its elements, history or mythology is in a book it makes me want to read it.
- I love contemporary books where the male lead has a job that requires a uniform. Police, fireman, military man and so on. So yeah man in a uniform storyline is a definite draw for me.
- Lately I love romance book where one of the future couple is a single parent. It usually foreshadows a more mature mentality for the characters and even in new adult books the childish grown up characters can drive me up the walls.
- Lastly in paranormal stories if it’s about shapeshifters its always starts with an advantage because they are my favorite supernatural creatures.